Borussia Dortmund’s first training session will be on 4th of July. According to a release issued by the team on Monday, BVB will play their first friendly during summer preparations against local club Spvgg Erkenschwick. The Black and Yellows will also take a trip to China in July, where they are expected to face both Manchester United and Manchester City.
Thomas Tuchel’s team has scheduled two training camps so far. One will be in Kirchberg, Austria, from 14th of July to 16th of July. The other training camp takes place for the sixth time in a row in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland. It begins 3rd of August and runs through 10 August. Four days after the end of the camp, Dortmund will play their first competitive match of the season, when they will meet Bayern Munich in the German Supercup.
- 4 July: first training session in Dortmund
- 8 July, 7 p.m. (CET): friendly against Spvgg Erkenschwick in Erkenschwick’s Stimbergstadion
- 14 to 16 July: training camp in Kirchberg, Austria
- 16 July, 5 p.m. (CET): friendly against 1860 Munich in Munich’s Grünwalder Stadion
- 21 to 29 July: trip to China
- 22 July: friendly against Manchester United in Shanghai
- 28 July: friendly against Manchester City in Shanghai – Date can still change.
- 3 to 10 August: training camp in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland