Borussia Dortmund will go head to head against Bayer Leverkusen in the BayArena on Sunday (kick-off: 3.30 pm local time). Although second place Dortmund are already 13 points ahead of third place Bayer in the league table, fans have an exciting match to look ahead to. Find out who will be fit and who will be missing.
- Marco Reus‘ ankle took an awkward twist when he was fouled by Porto’s Silvestre Varela on Thursday. The Dortmund-Star continued play and even scored the 2-0 end-result, but had a slight limp in his walk after the match. Thomas Tuchel showed a thumbs up for Sunday, stating that Reus is to take part in the final training and should be available for the away match.
- Sven Bender will also report back from injury. Tuchel said that 26-year-old could have already featured against Porto, but the staff decided to pay tribute to Bender’s exhausting rehab and gave him a couple more days. He is definitely a candidate to play against Bayer Leverkusen.
- Ilkay Gündogan and Roman Weidenfeller are both still out with the flu after having already missed the Porto clash.
- Nuri Sahin is available, but Tuchel asked into the round of Journalists on Saturday how much sense it would make to field the midfielder three days after Porto, considering Leverkusen’s physically demanding playing style. It makes an appearance for Moritz Leitner all the more likely, but Matthias Ginter could also feature.
- Thomas Tuchel hinted that BVB will start with a rotated XI, as he observed that some players didn’t look up to speed in the match against Hannover four days after the cup match against VfB Stuttgart.
Out: Charles Aránguiz, Lars Bender, Javier Hernández, Robbie Kruse